Handmade Lacing Ornament
Children love crafts so this Christmas Lacing Ornament is the perfect classroom activity. Make a beautiful keepsake to give to someone special at Christmas. Mix and match to make the Shaped Bauble ornaments as well.
How They Are Made
The ornaments are handcut from Baltic Birch plywood and unfinished, although they are sanded smooth. The holes drilled around the edge are generous enough to accommodate many types of cording or yarn.
How to Use Them
Children can use yarn or cording to lace the ornaments. A large eye darning needle (not included) works well. If the cording is stiff enough it can simply be poked through the holes. For example, the green lacing shown in the images is a stiff elastic cord which pokes through the holes easily. Since these are unfinished wood, they can be decorated, painted, stained or glued to your heart’s content.
- Oval ornament shape
- Pre-drilled holes for lacing
- Unfinished sanded Baltic Birch plywood – paint it, decorate it, sparkle it, or add a photo !
- Photos with faces about 2″ (5 cm) in diameter work best
- Size: 3.5″ W (9 cm) x 4″ H (12 cm) x 1/8″ (3 mm) thick
- Hole drilled in top for hanging
- Instruction template included for cutting a photo to the correct dimensions
What Is Included
This product includes the wooden ornament and instruction template ONLY. Yarn, cording, needles, photos, decorations etc. are left to your own creativity and imagination!
Sold in packages of 10. Perfect for making multiples for friends and family, children’s gift exchanges or as a classroom set.
Get the Shaped Bauble ornaments too to vary your creations.
Instruction template delivered via email as a pdf after purchase.