Need something for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or Valentine’s Day? or Just Because Day? Glue two color diffusing paper hearts together at the edges to make a Valentine’s pouch for collecting each other’s Valentine wishes!
What Are Color Diffusing Paper Hearts
Color diffusing paper is a versatile craft paper with a fabric-like texture that absorbs and blends watery liquids in wonderful ombre effects. It is available in various large precut shapes suitable for many educational activities, seasons and celebrations. See the other listings for paper feathers, paper leaves, paper flowers and paper sheets for cutting your own shapes.
Using Color Diffusing Paper
With the paper hearts ready to go, assemble your paints, inks, watercolors or markers. You’ll need pipettes, eye droppers, or brushes to apply the liquid colors. Also, you’ll need a small spray bottle of clear water if you are using washable markers.
Lay the heart shapes on a tray or surface covered in newspaper, plastic or a drop cloth. The paper will absorb a fair amount of liquid, but some may seep through underneath so protect your surfaces.
Color Options Galore
Many types of water based colors can be used. Try these:
- Water colors
- Food Coloring
- Tempera paint
- Washable markers (draw directly on paper and drip, splatter or paint clear water on top – a good option for toddlers with the least mess!)
Drip and drop watercolors, inks, food colors or other watered down paint using either pipettes, eye droppers or brushes. Watch the colors merge and mingle and diffuse all over the paper.
- Paint colors directly using a brush
- Drip colors with pipettes or eye droppers
- Splatter colors with a toothbrush
- Dip an edge into the colors and watch it creep up
- Wet the paper first with clear water and drip colors on top
- Draw on paper with white crayon or pastel first to act as a resist, then color (secret messages anyone…)
Use for Decorations
Use your beautiful diffusing paper hearts to decorate a bulletin board, adorn your windows or hang from the ceiling. Advertise your Jump Rope for Heart event! Once dry add further embellishment with glitter or markers. Make a garland. Glue two together to make Valentine pouches. Write a secret message with white crayon for your sweetheart. Use in place of a bow on a gift. Let your imagination soar!
- 50 Hearts
- Approximately 8.75″ wide x 7″ high (22cm x 18cm)
- Instruction Guide