What Are Color Diffusing Paper Sheets
Color diffusing paper sheets are a versatile craft paper with a fabric-like texture that absorbs and blends watery liquids in wonderful ombre effects. Let your creativity soar with these full size sheets that you can cut into any shape you desire. Use them for many educational activities, create crafts for different seasons and decorations for any celebration. Cut snowflakes and colour them! Cut a string of paper people and colour them!
Using Color Diffusing Paper
With the paper sheets ready to go, assemble your paints, inks, watercolors or markers. You’ll need pipettes, eye droppers, or brushes to apply the liquid colors. Also, you’ll need a small spray bottle of clear water if you are using washable markers.
Now is the time to get creative! You may choose to cut the sheets into your desired shapes in advance, or colour them first and then cut them out.
Lay the sheets or cut out shapes on a tray or surface covered in newspaper, plastic or a drop cloth. The paper will absorb a fair amount of liquid, but some may seep through underneath so protect your surfaces.
Color Options Galore
Many types of water based colors can be used. Try these:
- Water colors
- Food Coloring
- Tempera paint
- Washable markers (draw directly on paper and drip, splatter or paint clear water on top – a good option for toddlers with the least mess!)
Drip and drop watercolors, inks, food colors or other watered down paint using either pipettes, eye droppers or brushes. Watch the colors merge and mingle and diffuse all over the paper.
Simply change the colors and create a whole new look!
- Paint colors directly using a brush
- Drip colors with pipettes or eye droppers
- Splatter colors with a toothbrush
- Dip an edge into the colors and watch it creep up
- Wet the paper first with clear water and drip colors on top
- Draw on paper with white crayon or pastel first to act as a resist, then color (secret messages anyone…)
Use for Decorations
Use your beautiful diffusing paper creations to decorate a bulletin board, adorn your windows or hang from the ceiling. Once dry add further embellishments with glitter or markers. Make a decoration to put on a gift! Let your imagination soar!
- 50 sheets
- 9″ x 12″ (23cm x 30 cm)
- Instruction Guide